Thursday 22 May 2014

Bear Grylls.

This blog will be about one of my most favoured people.... Bear Grylls (Edward Michael Grylls)..... author and adventurer.




I have read three of his books, "Mud Sweat and Tears","True Grit" and currently "Living Wild".






I have enjoyed every word in them and I find him an inspiration in the way he thinks and acts in different situations.


Facts about Bear:

Born 7 June 1974 England.
He lives on a barge moored by Battersea Bridge on the River Thames, England.
He is famous for his expeditions, and his TV shows such as: "Born Survivor" and "Man vs. Wild".
He was appointed youngest Chief Scout ever, aged 35.
He served in the 21 SAS regiment for three years.
He climbed Mount Everest, 18 months after breaking three vertebrae in a parachuting accident.(I cant do that!)
He is married and has two sons.


He is what you could call a real life hero. He has overcome different hardships and he has faced and survived what no average man has done. Which in my opinion can only be done with the grace of God, of which he has plenty to be thankful about. I have learned many things from his books and TV programs, for instance: When I am complaining about food or very hungry.... catch and eat an insect, or if possible, a rabbit! "Theres always something to eat!" What I have also learnt is to only take the most necessary thing when camping, I once took a book while camping and never even touched it. Pity it was a heavy book. I have always wanted camouflage jackets, but I now know that it may be even better to have a brightly coloured one for visibility in an emergency. 



If I was given the choice to meet any person on earth, It would be Bear Grylls. Simply because he does some of the things I would love to do myself and I would like to ask him many questions about life and other things. I admire all the different techniques of how he does things and how he responds in bad situations. 

One of the bad situations was when he started getting hypothermia and then improvised by using sawdust and industrial cling wrap to keep warm. (See: "Worst Case Scenario S01E06".) He also acts fast while his fingers are still fully moveable and makes himself warm. I have learnt that most of your body heat escapes from your head.

Bear has brought out his own knife sets. They are very handy and made to last. I don't yet have one, but I would really like to get one. Maybe I should save up! (this is my personal favorite)




To Bear Grylls: If you do ever read this I would like to say: "Thank you very much for all your wonderful books and intriguing TV programs. Please, do carry on! I really hope you enjoyed reading this."

This is not a school project like my other posts. I did this one because I think you, readers, will enjoy an article about someone I admire.

Thank you for reading.
I hope you like Bear Grylls even more now!!





No comments:

Post a Comment