Monday 24 March 2014

24 March 2014 Lake District

This weekend we went to the Lake District. On the way there we turned off the main road to see if we could reach the snow we saw from a distance. I ended up, after about a half hour, with my hands screaming for warmth after a fun snow ball fight with my dad. I forgot my gloves at home.

  

I would have liked to stay a bit longer but the Lake District was waiting for us. On the way we stopped for lunch and decided to eat on top of a hill. It was very cold but we ended up staying longer than expected because there were so many lovely views and even a rainbow.



















We also went to a castle. It was only 200 years old although it was still nice to be able to take a walk on one of the many paths that led down to Lake Windermere shore.




The next day, to my delight, we went to the Lakeland Motor Museum. I liked it there very much and my dad and I spent about an hour looking at all the different cars, motorcycles, bicycles and other interesting things. What made it extra nice was that it was filled with more ordinary (less fancy) cars but still interesting.




This small car is a Peel P 50 it is the smallest road legal car and is still road legal to day.

We also went to Lake Coniston where Donald Campbell was killed in an attempt to break a water speed record. He died in his boat the Blue Bird on the 4 January 1967. He also set a land speed record In his Blue Bird car.
His car.

We had a wonderful time there and I hope that we are going to go again to maybe explore some of the other parts of the Lake District soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment