Friday 7 March 2014

5 March 2014

Every Sunday we go out for a drive around the Dales; a national park in Yorkshire.

One of the many fun things we did was to go to Gayle Mill near Hawes, and WOW what an experience. I found that it was a water driven wood saw from 1784 and it still works 100%. There are many old machines that are still kept going all these years.They all work off belts from the turbine with pulleys and gears.





After that we got fish and chips and drove up the mountain to go and see some of the left over snow from the previous weeks.We have also been driving about a lot and I find it is a lot of fun.The view in some places are very beautiful.


Back home, I have been helping the 2 farmers/shepherds, Neil and Tom, with the lambing, which is quite a gory experience, but still very interesting. Me and Tom have been building many pens for the sheep and their lambs (hard work).
 The sheep here are a lot different to the sheep back in South Africa. They have very thick wool to keep them warm. Because the winter is cold.


The gestation period of a sheep is 151 days. Before the lambs are born.



Some of the lambs I have to feed milk to.



I also now play a lot on Gefs Flight simulator and enjoy it a lot.
I installed Google sketch up on my laptop and have designed many weird and wonderful houses.



I also cycle a lot around the farm and come back half full mud, because it is so wet and muddy the bike I ride on has double suspension and it is a lot fun for riding down hills.

1 comment: